Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Do Her Chores Include You Curing The Doldrums Of A Stale Relationship Or Marriage

Do Her Chores Include You Curing The Doldrums Of A Stale Relationship Or Marriage
There's a word for forced intimacy born of duty or guilt instead of passion: CHORE. Make your sex life - and HERS - a treat, not a chore! Here's how...

I want to remind everyone that Facebook Connect has been successfully installed at our forum (http://forum.makingherhappy.com) so you can easily share articles you like with friends, use Facebook's "Like" feature, etc. It is not set up to automatically echo your posts to Facebook or anything like that, so if you have privacy concerns, you're covered. We're always on the lookout for more ways to make our forum more useful and entertaining for you, so if you have an idea or desire, please feel free to leave it in one of the suggestion box forums and we'll see what we can do.

It's another happy day, Ladies and Gentlemen! Here's another couple who have used "THE Man's Guide to Great Relationships and Marriage" to make their relationship one of passion and excitement instead of a torturous, miserable, boring coexistence, and you can learn a LOT from them. Meet Marti:

Dear David,

Due to changes in our marriage and the feeling my husband and I had for each other, a few months ago we decided that we either had to make major improvements or call it quits. In doing research for help and talking to friends your book was recommended to us. The couple that told us about you is one of the happiest couples we know, and they said that it is because they have simply used what they learned in your book. So we decided to dive right in and see what you could do for us.

My biggest problem was that I felt as if sex with him was a chore, not something to enjoy or even want. I guess maybe you have heard it all by now, but I felt like maybe I was not the only woman that had ever had these feelings and in writing you maybe you could share this with other women.

What made it worse was that I tried and tried to tell my husband that the passion was gone and that we were in a rut, but I couldn't get through to him. I asked him countless times how he felt about our relationship and our intimate life, and he would just say that he didn't have or see a problem, and that was the end of the discussion, never giving me the chance to tell him what I needed to tell him. I just laid there, thinking about other things, sometimes other people, waiting for him to finish so I could go to sleep.

Since we have now completed your book and have put into our everyday life what we learned in it I can say I shocked myself. Everything in our relationship is better than it's ever been! There is nothing about sharing myself with him that even comes close to a chore now. In fact it is just the opposite. He listens to me, and we really talk now, not just about our sex life, but about everything! When we started tuning into each other it was like our dating and marriage up to that point had just been a practice run. We finally REALLY know each other, all the time, and it's wonderful!

As for the bedroom, now all he has to do it give me "that look" or touch me in the small of my back or just on my arm and I find myself wanting him as close to me as possible. And when he teases me and cracks that naughty grin I just want to eat him up! Sometimes he starts in on me before we even get out of bed in the morning, caressing and teasing, and then laughs and jumps out of bed and tells me if I'm good I'll get more when he gets home. I daydream about him touching me, kissing me, enjoying my body as I enjoy his throughout the day every time he does that. Oh God right now just thinking about it I feel like calling him to come home for lunch!

WOW how different our lives are now! Now I am always looking forward to bedtime instead of looking for excuses not to have to go to bed until he is asleep. I do things to get his attention instead of avoiding him, because he is fun and exciting to be around. My friends even comment on how much they enjoy being around him now, and they used to tell me that it was time to move on because he was such a stick in the mud and I could do better. You have saved our marriage in more ways than one and I just wanted to say "Thank you" for all your hard work and for making it easy for us to save what we had and get back what brought us together in the first place - and then some!

Love ya,

Marti


My reply:
Thank you for that, Marti! It always makes my day when I get a success story like this, one in which the couple has followed my recommendation to use my book together, and learned from each other as the process continued. "THE Man's Guide to Great Relationships and Marriage" was written for men partially because they have the most to learn, but also because it is the man's job to take the lead, because taking the lead, even in the pursuit of enhancing attraction, is attractive to his female partner. You're on the right track; just stay on it!

Take care, and keep in touch,

David


Notice that Marti doesn't just talk about their sex-life reaching new levels. Their improved communication skills have brought them closer together, making their emotional intimacy more intense in addition to their physical intimacy; you may have noticed that she said she "asked him countless times how he felt about their relationship" and he would say it was fine and end the discussion without her getting to tell him what she needed to say. That's the "asking questions to make a statement" mechanism at work as I've been describing it to you, a statement that she has a problem that she needs to discuss and that she wants the discussion to open NOW. A horribly common problem these days, but one that they will never again make, and one that you don't have to make now that you know about it.

Being attractive to the woman you love obviously enhances your sex-life, but it also enhances the rest of your life together as well, often being the catalyst in escalating relationships between married couples (being pulled together by attraction makes couples want to explore other aspects of each other) who were functionally just roommates and/or business partners to true LIFE PARTNERS, friends, playmates, adventure partners - even better parents!

Or had it not occurred to you that it would be much easier to be better parents if you could communicate with each other more effectively and prepare a more unified front to present to the kids? And guess what else there, DAD...your daughters are "women-in-training," and what you learn to communicate better with their mother will also help you to keep from drowning in that estrogen ocean when their hormones start surging and "Daddy's little girl" turns into "Daddy's little drama queen"! Daughters in their teens grow away from fathers for the same reason wives grow away from husbands, because he doesn't understand them when they try to talk and they just get frustrated and give up. Don't let them give up on you!

Gents, there is no downside here, and an unlimited upside. Opportunities like this don't come along often, so take advantage of this one while you can. Go to http://www.makingherhappy.com and get your copy of "THE Man's Guide to Great Relationships and Marriage" for less than the cost of a good meal for two, and start reading, right now, before you waste another minute of your life, because life's too short to be regarded as a chore, and if your wife regards you as a chore for long, she's likely to tender her resignation, and take half or more of "the company" with her!

In the meantime, live well, be well, and have a wonderful day!

David Cunningham


"Being a man is something to which one should aspire, not something for which he should apologize." --David Cunningham

0 comments:

Post a Comment