Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Being Thankful Making A Honey List

Being Thankful Making A Honey List
"Life is a flower of which love is the honey." ~ Victor Hugo

I've been making a different kind of list this weekend. Not a honey-do list, but just a "Honey List". My man has been caught doing good. I thought I would take a moment to write down some reasons why he is so amazingly wonderful. Even after 15 years.

- He took me to Godiva chocolate store and got me a box of dark chocolate this weekend.

We were passing the mall on a drive Saturday and he said, "You want to go in to the Godiva store and see if they have a sale going on?" I speak chocolate (most women do)... so this is certainly a way to communicate his feelings for me... don't you think?

- He bought me mascara at Clinique.

He remembered that I was out of it after hearing me mention it.

- He brought home a tiny bottle of my cologne from Wal-Mart when he went to change the oil in my vehicle.

So that's TWO things in one... and the neat thing was that my cologne is hard to find - Michael Kors - and Wal-Mart just happened to have a 17 bottle of it in their holiday section... who knew? It's nice to know your man is thinking of you - even when he's at the auto shop.

- He ironed his own shirts for work this week.

I love to watch him iron. My grandma used to iron at night while we all snuggled up on her bed to talk...and something about the sound of the steam is comforting.

- He changed the cat-litter.

You can't get more sacrificial than that.

- He fixed the vacuum.

Not only did he fix it, but he ordered a part online and after getting it in, fixed the vacuum and vacuumed the entire house by himself for me - even the stairs!

- He took me to Chipotle for dinner yesterday.

Chipotle is my addiction. He scored big-time points with this one.

- He got me a bottle of Jalape~no Tabasco Sauce.

OK, maybe I have more than one addiction. Hot sauce. Mmmmm.

- He told me not to give away all the baby stuff just yet.

Sweet words. He is a great dad... however, I wonder if he really knows how old I'm getting? Love may be blind in this case.

- He called me Friday from work to tell me "I just wanted to tell you how much I love you."

Awwwww.So what has your man been caught doing lately? Hopefully he's been doing good. A friend of mine told me that her hubby takes her to Starbucks every Saturday morning as a treat. Do you have some stories about how the love of your life has blessed you this week? If you don't tell me, tell HIM. Let him know how much you appreciate the little things he does. Add some spice to your life.

I'm on my way down-stairs to make some Italian food for my sweetheart for supper. Maybe he can start making a list about what I've done for him this week. Don't hold your breath, he's not the writing type. But that's OK, because opposites attract. Hope your week is full of honey.

Subscribe to Sprittibee by Email


Buzz Words: Love, Marriage, Joy, Lists, Husband, Gifts, Thanksgiving, Personal, Relationships

0 comments:

Post a Comment