Sunday, May 18, 2014

Depression Due To Being Unattractive Or Called Ugly

Depression Due To Being Unattractive Or Called Ugly
As bad as it sounds, I believe I would not have fallen into a deep depression if I were attractive. I have even been called ugly by strangers, family members, classmates and coworkers. I think it hurts so much because your looks is the first thing people notice about you before they know your personality or level of intelligence. I have tried to alter my looks some such as losing weight or different hairstyles but I still feel unattractive and get called ugly. Especially, being a woman a lot of emphasis is put on our appearances whether we like it or not. I truly believe pretty women get advantages. I can give several examples but I'll just give one. A few years ago, I worked near a pizza shop. My pretty, model looking coworkers were given free food daily by the male workers at the shop. I always had to pay for mine no matter how friendly I was just based on looks. I am not saying looks are everything but they are heavily important in how you are treated by people. A part of me believes if I was some gorgeous woman I would have a better life. Any one relate to this?

Also, I am going to post a few psychology articles about this if no one believes me and gives me a spill about how personality is more important:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/21/ugly-people-work-link-attractiveness-cruelty-office n 3477919.html

http://healthland.time.com/2013/12/10/teachers-give-better-grades-to-more-attractive-students-study/

http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-culture/stories/do-attractive-people-get-preferential-treatment

0 comments:

Post a Comment