Monday, September 22, 2014

8 Ways To Wear Boyfriend Jeans

8 Ways To Wear Boyfriend Jeans
Fancy a post that's not about Black Friday? How about a straightforward Ways to Wear post - I thought I'd give you a rest from sales, sales, sales and talk boyfriend jeans instead!

Unlike skinnies, boyfriend jeans are a perennial favourite that can be worn all year round. With t-shirts and sandals in the summer, blazers in the autumn and winter coats and ankle boots in the winter, they're one of my favourite styles to wear. They have enough room for a little overeating in the colder months (food baby? What food baby?) and don't make me too hot (like skinnies do) in hot weather.

I basically have three pairs of boyfriend jeans: one distressed with a deep hem, one darker denim in a more snug fit, and one in a light wash which are really loose. I like to vary the way I roll the hem - sometimes deep, sometime rolled - as it makes a big difference with the footwear you're wearing. Here's just some of the ways I've worn them in the last year or so... I hope it gives you some inspiration.

ARE YOU A FAN OF BOYFRIEND JEANS? IF SO, WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE WAY OF WEARING THEM - DO SHARE IN THE COMMENTS! (AND TELL US IF YOU'VE VENTURED INTO MOM JEANS TERRITORY - HOW HAVE YOU FOUND THEM, I'D LOVE TO KNOW :)

1. WITH DOUBLE DENIM, KNITWEAR AND ANKLE BOOTS (original post)

This is such a great throw-on outfit for this time of year - as it gets colder I'd add a couple of pairs of slouchy socks and a scarf. One of my favourite looks from last winter.

2. WITH NEUTRALS, A STATEMENT BELT AND CHUNKY SANDALS (original post)

More of a warmer weather outfit, but this shows how accessories make all the difference to a jeans-n-top look. I love all the textures and subtle pattern in the leopard print belt.

3. WITH A BOLD NEON TOP AND BLACK BLAZER (original post)

Despite the jeans being both loose fit and distressed, the classic black blazer will always smarten any pair (no matter what their state). Together with high heeled sandals, a deep rolled up hem on this pair somehow elongate your legs when your ankles are exposed, I'm not sure how or why...!

4. WITH CONTRASTING CAMO AND SHEER FLORALS (original post)

I think the distressed jeans would have been too much with this look - the camo jacket and pretty florals add enough interest without having to throw in holey denim as well. A great blend of masculine and feminine.

5. WITH LAYERED KNITWEAR AND HEELS (original post)

I loved this snood and sweater combination, and adding my fave (and oldest) boyfriend jeans was the icing on the cake. I'm not always one for 100% comfort so went for ladylike nude pointed heels and continued the theme with nude-coloured accessories - perfect for the lighter wash denim.

6. WITH A GLITZY STATEMENT COAT (original post)

Or in this case, a sequinned kimono. What better way to tone down an over-the-top, huge glitzy piece than with distressed boyfriend jeans? I wore this to LFW and would have felt far too dressed up if I'd added smart trousers instead.

7. WITH BROGUES AND AN OVERSIZED TWO-TONE COAT (original post)

I went the whole hog with the masculine chic here: patent brogues, the husband's sweater, a button-down shirt - not forgetting the wonderful Zara leopard and black two-tone coat. As I was paid a lovely compliment by a French waiter when wearing this outfit I consider it a winner.

JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

P.S. If you haven't yet, please don't forget to vote for Not Dressed As Lamb in the UK Blog Awards (I'm entered in the Retail ">

Linking up to: Visible Monday, Let It Shine, Share in Style, Monday Mingle, Style Sessions, Trend Spin Link-Up, What I Wore Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, Passion for Fashion Friday, Friday's Fab Favourites, Fashion Friday

Source: pickup-techniques.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment